" If the time ever comes when we can't smile at ourselves, it will be a sad time."-President Gordon B. Hinckley



I am so sad and yet so grateful at the same time. I knew this day would come and dreaded the thought. I feel so blessed to have been alive during his time as our prophet. He was such an amazing man that did so many wonderful and amazing things yet he was so cute and personable that he felt like he was your grandpa, like you could just sit down with him and have a long entertaining conversation. I keep getting emotional at the thought of him being gone but I know he must be so happy to back with his sweet little Marjorie. I keep wondering what is going on in Heaven right now? I'm sure the angels are singing and the words "Well done thy good and faithful servant" can be heard.
President Hinckley's patriarchal blessing said "The nations of the Earth shall hear thy voice and be brought to a knowledge of the truth by the wonderful testimony which thou shalt bear." The world was a better place with him in it. I am so grateful that I was one who got to be on the earth at this time to hear his testimony so many times! I love him and I'm going to miss him so much. "God be with you til we meet again"!



12 comments:
I keep picturing heaven right now too. I cannot imagine how amazing their reunion must have been. Thankyou for sharing.
Thanks for this post. I agree with you completely on everything you said, but would never be able to express myself like you did. He was by far my favorite prophet.
Amen to that. I think we will all miss him!
Such an amazing man. Counted grateful to have lived when he served.
Your post made me cry! I am sure it's a happy day in heaven and I am so glad that he can be released of all his responsibility! He will be missed by millions, though! thanks for the post.
What a sweet post. It makes me sad to see that picture of him but how nice to be with his wife again.
Well said. I have felt mixed feelings also...so sad for this inevitable day but also so happy that he is with his wife again. I too feel so grateful to have been around while he was the prophet.
Such a great post. Thanks!!! I love what you wrote and the pictures you took!! Thanks
I love what you mentioned about Pres. Hinckley and smiling at ourselves that is one of the things I loved about him to. He had a wonderful joy and sense of humor. THank you for sharing!
What a sweet tribute!
I feel the same. It is si sad that he is gone because he did so many wonderful things but I am sure he is happy. What a good post...Thanks!
Post a Comment