Friday, January 11, 2008

Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day!

This past Monday was a very bad day for both girls! It started out fine, we were decorating for Valentines Day. The girls were having fun hanging hearts in the windows all over the house and doing just fine. We were in Macy's room hanging hearts when Macy decided Kate needed to get down because she had a stinky diaper. Before I could grab Kate Macy had..."dropped her off" on the other side of the stool. Kate landed head first on one of her toys and as soon as I picked her up I could see a big blood blister above her left eye and a skinned and bloody nose. Soon after that she had a fat lip and swollen eye. I felt so bad! This picture was taken the next day...she looks much better!
Later that night we had some of our friends the Hanseens over for family night...o.k. it was really some college game that the guys were in to, anyway somehow Macy's hand ended up getting shut in the bathroom door and locked. Cute little Ally couldn't understand why her mom was demanding that she open the door while she was trying to go to the bathroom. It was kind of funny (Macy didn't think so.) After getting her hand out it was pretty smooshed and purple but she was just fine the next day. It was kind of a rough day.

6 comments:

Grace said...

Poor Kate and Macy. Don't you just love those kind of days? I'm always afraid someone will call Child Services on me. (It happened to my mom once, I think that's why I'm terrified.)

Jami & Boys said...

nothing could hurt how cute that little kate's face is! i love that picture.

Wendy said...

Hey Camille! It sounds like your girls did have a really bad day. And I love that picture. That's priceless.

Hayley said...

Poor kids! I love that picture. Her face is just so loveable!

Jami said...

poor girls, unfortunately it happens to everyone. Hope they are feeling better. What a sad but cute picture of Kate.

Jamie said...

Poor sweet little girls! I swear everything bad usually happens all at once!