Sunday, January 6, 2008

Big day!





Today was a very big day at our house... Macy has graduated from nursery ane entered Primary as a big Sunbeam! I can't believe I have a child old enough to be in primary! She was so excited be able to go and to sing in the "big primary room". She did great and even told us a little about her lesson. I guess being a sunbeam has made her mature in ways we never could have imagined because tonight for the very first time ever, she didn't want mom or dad to lay with her, she wanted to "lay by myself".On that same note, our little Kater went to her first day of nursery! She really doesn't turn 18 months until next month but I thought I would try taking her in for a little bit each week so that she is o.k. with it. Well, she was grinning from ear to ear as soon as we stepped in the room and went off and played with the other kids/toys. I hung out in the room for a while, the whole time the teachers were telling me that I could leave and that she would be fine (I knew she would, I just didn't know if I would!) Finally after about an hour I left. The whole 3rd hour I kept waiting (hoping) that I would see a nursery leader pop their head in and bring her to me-never happened. W hen I went and picked her up they were all laughing and told me how Kate had not left this one spot on the floor the entire last hour. Even for snack time, she wouldn't move. I figured out that it was it was right next to the nursery leaders baby in his car seat. They said at one point she almost crawled in with him. She's such a baby girl...speaking of, now with both girls all grown up and practically on their own maybe we should think about having another one?!- HA JUST KIDDING!!!
*Macy had a primary program on Sat. to meet her teacher. It was a pizza party with games. It was so cute to watch the kids and as usual I forgot to take pictures at the activity and Macy would only let me get a picture of her if I was in the picture, that is what the first picture is. The other one is of Macy on Sunday before church.

8 comments:

emandtrev said...

Wow! I can't believe it either! I was having a hard enough time sending Estella to the "older" nursery. I only stopped by to peek in about 10 times during a two-hour period. When will you guys be back? I miss you! I love the picture of you and Macy! Love ya lots.

Kassey said...

Your girls are dolls. Of corse I don't mind if you add us to your friend list, I feel privledge to be on it!! I get some of my bows on line at orientaltrading.com, be careful and make sure they say sil becaause they have a lot of paper flowers. the other ones I found at Micheals, but I have only found them once and I have never seen any that I liked again. Flowers are so hard to find!! Good Luck!

Grace said...

Macy is so big now. She is beautiful in these pictures, well she is all the time. Hailey went to primary yesterday too and loved it! I wish we were still in your ward, then they could be sitting by eachother. It's funny you talk about not wanting to leave Kate, because that's how I felt about Hailey. And then once I knew she was ok, I kept thinking "Man if Kody was only old enough for nursery, Relief Society would be great!"

Marleen said...

Congrats Macy! What a huge step. Your little girl isn't so little anymore.

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

Can you believ she is that old?? Jon was just saying he remembers when you she was two weeks old and he was afraid to hold her because she was so small. It's sad how fast it goes by. You both look gorgeous in these pics. I definetly think it's time for another one:)))

Jami said...

Macy looks so cute. I'm glad it was a successful day at church. I bet that was hard having both girls away from you they really are growing up.

Tauna said...

congrats macy! she is such a doll! It's amazing how our little ones grow right up on us isn't it. Just wait till she gets baptized.... then you'll be thinking your old!!

Amme said...

Congratulations Macy! That is such a big change and how great that she loved it. We love looking at your page to see what your cute girls are up to!