Monday, November 12, 2007

on the third day of Thanksgiving...

So one of the things I am thankful for is Jason's Deli soft serve chocolate, vanilla ice cream. It is the best! It is my favorite indulgence and the best part...it's free! How can you beat that? You can't! Let me just add at this point that my "12 days of Thanksgiving" are in no particular order! Jason's deli ice cream is not #3 in the order of what I am thankful for(it is high up there though!) Ice cream has always been my weakness and since finding this amazing little treat I could seriously eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner. I have never liked soft serve ice cream...never! but this ice cream is different. It's more icey and super cold and almost like it's not made of milk. Trying to explain it doesn't do it justice! It's just so good and like I mentioned before, it is free! I love it! For any of you that now want to go out and find a Jason's Deli (the food is awesome too if you like sandwiches and salads) you have to get the ice cream! There are several ways to get as much ice cream as you can handle without looking like...well o.k. there is no way around it, you just fill up and go! Here are a few of my tips: To get the most ice cream possible you have to get the salad bar to go, this way you are given several empty cartons to put your side dishes in. This is perfect for filling to the brim with ice cream, praying that you get the lid on without one of the workers coming up asking you if you need help (yes this happened to me once!) Next tip: make sure you have a child with you. After lunch ask them if they want an ice cream cone, if they say no, pretend you didn't hear them, go get one for you and one for them. When you get back and they say they didn't want one, act like you must not have heard them and then go ahead and eat both. If the child says they do want one, go fill there's up like you would for your husband, that way you are guaranteed at least one regular sized cone once they have had their few licks!
I am so grateful for Jason's Deli and their free chocolate, vanilla swirl ice cream. I just heard they opened one in Utah now and so I have given Jas the O.K. to start looking for jobs there!

4 comments:

Marleen said...

That's great. Spencer would agree with you there. There is no shame when it comes to him. He just continues to go back for more. I guess in a way that would be a guy thing. Those lucky guys. With women I guess we would look a little piggish. Thanks for the tips.

Tim and Melissa said...

Sounds yummy! I believe they have a Jason's deli here in San Antonio - I've never been there. If I'd known there was free icecream too, I'd have gone long ago. I'll have to check it out this weekend!

Alysia said...

You know that I am right there with you. I shouldn't have read it though because now I am having a serious Jason's Deli craving. I like your thanksgiving list, I think it is a cute idea.

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

This is so hilarious!! I love that you have a whole strategy for getting as much ice cream as possible...so awesome. Now I'm going to have to find a Jason's deli.