Sunday, November 11, 2007

on the second day of Thanksgiving...

I am so thankful for the awesome family that I have. I always knew growing up that I was the luckiest kid because I always had brothers and sisters around to play with and take care of me. There are 7 of us and although growing up things were sometimes tight, it never felt that way because we always had each other to entertain and my parents always made sure we didn't go without. I have 4 brothers and 2 sisters, I am the second to the last. I was the "baby" for 5 years until my little brother Jake came along and messed that up (just kidding Jake!) I love going back to Utah where the rest of the fam. lives. I always look forward to our family "reunions". Outsiders might think we are a little boring, we don't play games much and we usually just hang out but we always find ourselves laughing so hard our cheeks hurt. We always seem to have some kind of entertainment (usually the guys). All the men in the Reed clan seem to have been blessed with a wicked sense of humor. Troy always tells some story about his growing up years or his latest road rage that has us all busting up. Shane also has some good stories about growing up that are usually so far fetched and we all know it but the way he tells them makes them that much better! Next is Alecia and Trishelle who I was never super close to growing up but now consider my best friends. We get together as much as possible when were all together and usually act like a bunch of teenagers, joking around, reminiscing about the past and laughing at ourselves! Next is Tyler who is the King of one-liners. He is a pretty quiet guy but can have you rolling with one sudden comment. He was my best friend and protector growing up and I love all the memories we have together. After Ty is me and then Jake who is the smart, funny bachelor. He is the best little brother in the world! I am so glad that he doesn't hold a grudge against me for the mean big sister I was growing up (you know how it is, the cool big sister and the not so cool little bro!)
I could go on forever but I won't. I just wanted to tell my family that I am so thankful I get to be a part of the best family in the world! I love you guys!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I think this is such a fun idea, I love the cute picture of you and Jason. It sounds like you've got such a fun family too! I'm excited to see all of your days of thanksgiving!

Amy Johnson said...

Hey Camille, you probably don't remember me from high school (Amy Downs), but I stumbled upon your blog and just have to tell you how cute your family is! It was fun to hear how blessed you are and you two girls are pretty much the cutest things ever! Just thought I'd say Hi.

emandtrev said...

Love it! What a fun and perfect way to get into the spirit of Thanksgiving. I'm so thankful for a friend like you! I love you bunches and miss you!