Saturday, November 17, 2007


I am so thankful for my wonderful parents! I love them so much and appreciate all that they have done for me over the years!. I always knew growing up how lucky I was to have the best parents but having my own children has only reaffirmed that fact. My mom has always been the most patient person I know, in fact I use her as my example every time I am about to lose my patience I think to myself "what would my mom do?" It really helps me to be more patient and understanding with my own kids. My mom has always been the most selfless person I know. Growing up she would spend hours working on things for us. She is always thinking of her family and would do anything for us. She rarely buys herself anything which is why my cute dad always tries to surprise her with something she would love but never get herself, like his attempt to remodel the bathroom while she was out of town. My parents are like two little love birds. They really do have the kind of marriage I want when I have been married for 41 years! They are so cute together! Not only are they the best parents, they are also wonderful grandparents to their 17 grandkids!
My dad is my hero. He is the rock in our family and he too would do anything for his family. It's very rare that he talks about his family without getting a little teary. He is so proud of all his kids but we all know that we couldn't have done any of the things we've done without our mom's and dad's support! I know I put my parents through a lot growing up and I am so thankful that they loved me and supported me and never gave up on me even though I did some pretty dumb things! Like I mentioned in my "favorite things" column, there are few things that can make me feel better than my dad's hugs! I love you so much mom and dad! Thanks for always being the best!

So I have a few days to make up! I don't know what I was thinking getting myself into writing in my blog EVERYDAY! I have been super busy this week so please excuse my slacking! I will have to make these few a little shorter even though I consider them at the top of my blessings!

I am so grateful for this wonderful country we live in! I know it is one of those things I take for granted but when I sit and think of what an amazing place we live in, it makes realize how blessed I am! I recently got an email showing children in Africa starving and the conditions they live in just to get by. It made me feel so guilty for ever complaining about anything. It made me realize even more how fortunate we are to have running water, food, shelter, and most importantly FREEDOM! I am so grateful for the men and women who are out there risking their lives for us and hope we never take this great country for granted! God bless the USA!

1 comment:

Kade and Katie said...

i think your parents are pretty awesome too! being a parent really makes you appreciate all our parents did and do for us. thank goodness for moms and dads! :) (i hope my kids feel that way someday, i'm sure they question right now!!)