Thursday, October 9, 2008

Kids...

Macy making a train out of boxes. Kate being defiant for the picture.

I have been trying to record as many things that I can remember my kids saying lately. They have both been cracking me up. I have to hurry and write them on whatever paper I have close by and then record them later in their books. Here are a few.
We were walking into Old Navy and Kate kept saying: "We going to Old Maidy? We going to Old Maidy?"
Yesterday I was on a walk with my girls and Macy stopped to pick me a dandelion, something she does whenever she spots one. She all the sudden gets excited and says "I am going to pick this for you to put in our house someday! I am going to pick tons of them so that when we get a house you can decorate with them!"
For a couple of days we had a pet slug, yes, a slug! It was actually quite easy to take care of...not a bad pet as long as I didn't have to look at it. Kate couldn't get use to this...thing. One day Macy was trying to come up with a name for it. It was quiet for a minute when Kate says "Macy's Booger?" This of course made Macy pretty upset which only egged on her little sister even more. "Macy's Booger! Macy's Booger!" I had to hold back the laughs.
One day when I was in my room making my bed I could overhear Macy talking to Kate. She headed in to my room where she says (in her matter of fact, I'm the big sister voice) "O.K., this is going to be Target" She then heads out in to the dining room and kitchen and says "This will be Pottery Darn and Gap!"
I had to laugh. I think I should be a little bit worried! What have I created?!

2 comments:

Bre said...

I love the slug "macy's booger" That is too funny. I LOVE what kids come up with. They are such cute girls and they seem like they are so smart and have such fun personalities.

Jami said...

They are so cute. I too love the booger thing-pretty funny! I miss them and wish it was sooner than Christmas that I could see them.