Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Park City

This past weekend we took the girls up to Park City for a little family weekend get-a-way. First we went up to my favorite little Utah town just outside of P.C., Midway. There we walked around one of my little childhood memory locations, the Homestead. We ate lunch at a cute little grill. It happened to be right over a little pond with ducks and fish (not my idea of appetizing) but it was great entertainment for the girls. After not being successful at convincing Jas that we need to live there, we headed to our hotel to check in.
The girls would have been content with just staying at the hotel for the rest of the weekend. As soon as we got there they were jumping up and down on the bed, so excited that they got to sleep in their own bed. I guess its much more exciting sleeping in a hotel bed than at home? As soon as "queen bed rush" wore off it was off to the pool for even more excitement! After swimming for while we headed in to Park City. The night just kept getting better for Macy who absolutely loved the free Trolley ride we took up and down the main street of P.C....oh to be a kid again!
That night the girls and I watched The Sound of Music while dad zonked out on the other bed. The girls didn't go to sleep until 11:00!!
The next morning we woke up to a high of 53 degrees and pouring rain. We decided to delay our ride on the "Alvin Slide" (alpine slide) and hit the outlets for some shopping. The girls were great during the 4 hours we spent there.
Finally the sun came out and we headed over to check out the Alpine Slide. I was a little curious to see the girls reaction when they saw "Alvin" and just as I thought, Macy changed her mind once she saw it. We opted for the carousel and kiddie rides instead. After making a mandatory stop at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory for some of the best chocolate (and bubble-gum ice cream), we were on our way back home.
But not before stopping to see some good friends the Mason's. Macy and Emma were so cute together. We really need to get together more often you guys!!

2 comments:

Mason Family said...

Emma has not stopped talking about the fun she had and she wants to play with her friend Macy again. That is a cute bike Emma has the same one. We need to get together again. And you are not the only one that has kids that have brake downs my do and yes i am still waiting for someone to tell me how to help me.

Jamie Poort said...

Camille!!! You are so sweet! Thanks for the comment(s) on my blog! It's always so fun to hear from you! Thank you for your compliments on my photography. That's a bummer that your camera broke! I bought my camera when Chloe was born but I don't really remember how much I bought it for. It is a Fuji Finepix S2 Pro and I use a Tamron lens. It is a really good camera. I am so sorry about your niece. I looked at her blog and it broke my heart. Your family is in our family's prayers.