I didn't include the test results in my last post. Kate has outgrown her reflux on her left side (yeah) but her right side is still at a grade 2-3. This means we will have to continue giving her the medicine every night. If it weren't for the antibiotic Kate would continue to get bad UTI's. The alternative is having the doctors go in and perform a procedure to make the problem go away. This makes me a little nervous. We are willing to wait it out and see if she will outgrow it.
On a side note, the doctor told me to wait on the potty training until Kate is completely ready. Apparently the reflux can get worse when a child goes through potty training because of the pressure put on the bladder by "holding it". No complaints here! I've decided I would rather change 15 poopy diapers than have to take my kids into public restrooms!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
That last post is amazing-I hope she gets 100 percent soon!
I hate dealing with public restrooms too. Dylan is starting to get embaressed to go into the womens with me. He thinks he is old enough to go in the mens by himself. He is very headstrong and I have had to give in a couple of times. It grosses me out to think of what he is touching. Yew mens bathrooms are always so gross. My parents still live in North Logan at the same house. I think my dad bought the farm so he could get away from my mom once in awhile (jk). I don't think my parents will ever move. Do your parents still live in Hyde Park? Are you attending your inlaws ward? If so do you know Holly and Zach Latimer? I think they go to that same ward, anyway they are good friends of ours.
I love your last post. You are so good at seeing the lessons we can learn from life. I love the anaology. I am glad to hear that Kate's reflux is a little better. I hope she out grows it on the side that still does have it.
Wow I didn't realize you were still having trouble with this. I'm glad the one side is better, and hopefully she will get better on her other side.
And thank you for your previous post...I was bawling like a baby at the end!!! You are so amazing and your perspective on life is inspirational. Thank you again!
Loved your last post. It was very sincere. I am glad to hear that little Kate is doing better. What a trooper! We really need to get together.
Well that's great news. Lets hope that she outgrows it completely so she doesn't have to go through any sort of operation.
Hi Camilla, I don't know if you remember me but i am Mindy Haycock's sister in law that went to hair school with you. I wanted to say hi and tell you you have some very cute kids!! How are you doing? are you still in logan?
The previous post made me so sad to think of sweet little Kate being so scared. I am really glad to hear she is getting better. UTI's are the worst! I hate them, I get them and they are miserable. I pray she grows out of her reflex and never ever gets a UTI again!
Amen on the public restroom business! YUCK! I'm glad that your little Kate is doing a little better. Hopefully she will grow out of it soon!
I'm so sorry that Kate has to go through that. She seems like such a happy baby though. I hope this bout won't last too long. And, I totally agree about public bathrooms.
Post a Comment