One of the many things I have enjoyed so much since being back in Utah is how close we are to family. My girls jump at the chance to go visit any of their grandparents. One of their new favorite hobbies is to go pick vegetables out of grandpa Reed's garden. I was bummed that I didn't have a working camera to get some cute pictures of the girls out enjoying the fruits of his labor, you would have thought it was Christmas! "Look at that one!" "Kate here is some corn for you to pick!" "Mom, what are those?" "4,5,6,...9 pumpkins!" They had so much fun picking all their vegetables in the garden. My dad really does have an amazing garden though. I feel like I have just cut my grocery bill in half for the next month!
After raiding the garden my cute mom decided the girls needed some dinner. She mentioned that she would make the girls some sloppy joes. From then on Kate kept referring to them as "Sloppy Joans". It was pretty cute.
That night after returning back to their other grandparents house (where we are staying) Macy says to her grandpa Wilcock "My other grandpa has a garden, and it's bigger than yours!"



11 comments:
yay!!! you are coming to visit! I would LOVE to get together. Let me know when would be good for you! MISS YOU!!!!!!!!
Hey! My camera is the Canon Power Shot S315. I got it about 2 years ago and I have really liked it. I lost my instruction book and I would love to learn more about how to get the best picture but I really like it. I have just been playing around on picasa and I just enter 16 pics on each collage. I really just figured it out so I don't have too many tips but it has been fun. It's good to hear from you! Keep in touch.
I love it, Sloppy Joans. I think this might be my new name for em'.
I bet your girls are loving the time with their grandparents!
We do need to get together, you had said you would be calling to set something up?? I am still waiting to here from ya'! Have you guys bought a house?
such cute pictures! That's funny about what Macy said to my dad. I bet he loved that! She is too funny! How did the dessert turn out BTW?
Hey looks like you guys have been having fun....Macys Birthday pictures are so cute...I'm glad you posted lots of them. Happy Birthday Macy!!! Taygan got her first A.G. doll this year too and who knew it would be the greatest thing ever. She's starting to get into dressing like her doll and I can see that is going to get expensive fast! Is Park City so beautiful right now? I'm trying to get my husband to take me there for our anniversary in a couple weeks because I love this time of year...it's gorgeous. Hey and I got your message, we're in the process of making a small move and then I'll get back on the ball and I'll call you and we'll set up lunch...Talk to ya soon!!
Camille I also wanted you to know I'm sorry to hear about your niece..I was hoping that it wouldn't be anything too serious. We will keep her and your family in our prayers. Let me know if there is anything I could ever do...I really mean that. Please don't hesitate to ask! I want you to know how much I loved your post and your honesty about blogs...it's so true and I often found myself very down after blogging and Cody would ask why I even look at other blogs when I get so down. The truth is because it's a great way to keep in touch and I love to see how my friends are doing. My discouragement comes that I'm really not in the same place as most of my friends. My husband is stiil going to school and keeps changing his major and it gets pretty frustrating. Then I realize how blessed I really am and that we all have our own trials to get through and I'm glad I have mine. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one that feels that way...I'm going to try harder to post "life" instead of just the "best" of it. I think it's a great way for us to help each other as moms. Isn't that what moms are supposed to do anyway?! Help each other out!!
I'm jealous of your shopping trip! That sound like so much fun. Also jealous that you live by all your grandparents. Babysitters are expensive!! And I love that she calls them sloppy joans. What a cutie!
Macy is a crack up. I would love to see his garden. I wish I had mine up and running. Maybe you could have him share the secret to- how does his garden grow?
Camille, my wonderfully talented sister put it together for me. I think it was done with some digital scrapbooking. Something I haven't gotten into yet. I know I'm not that much help.
oh that is just to cute!!!!!! Don't you love fresh veges they are the best and thats awesome that he has such a nice one!! LOVE IT
Camille
we miss you a tons. So good to see all your kids cute pix and know that all is going great for you guys. I on the other hand have the worst haircut known to man. YIKES!!! IT's amazing the extremes people will go to, to get out of cutting my hair. Mo and Melissa had their babies. I imagine you heard. Good year, just super busy with all the school schedules and seth's football. FUN love and miss ya Tell Macy hello from Luke
Post a Comment