Saturday, April 19, 2008

Some highlights...





I just have a couple of highlights from the past couple of weeks that I wanted to share. I have kind of been slacking on the blogging thing lately and have so many things that I am so excited about that I just thought I would throw them all together in one post! Here goes...



First and foremost I must say that my Thursdays are now complete. I no longer go throughout my entire week thinking to myself "I know I have something Thursday night, what is it?!" because... THE OFFICE IS BACK!!!!!!! I know it is really pathetic that I plan my whole week around Thursday night but anyone who is an "Office watcher" will agree. I could watch it over and over and continue to laugh at the same line I laughed at while watching it 5 minutes before! I can just say "Dwight" and start laughing!



Second, we are a binky free home! My Katers gave it up! Some may wonder why this is a good thing and I was one of those people for the first week! It is exciting because she LOVED her binky(s)and I was beginning to wonder if she would have permanent teeth damage from her obsession with her binks. She was usually seen with one in her mouth and in each hand . It all happened when we lost our last 2 in the same day. I was frantically looking around the house, in the cars, the strollers...everywhere because I knew what would happen if I didn't find her beloved binky's. To my surprise she went down great and continued to do so for the next few days and nights. The only problem was the whining right around dinner time, when I would usually plug her binky in her mouth. It was a bit rough for me for a while but now we are both use to no Binky and it is great!



Third, while watching "American Idol" I saw the previews for my second favorite show in the whole world, "So You think You Can Dance"! I am sooo anxious for this one to start which is perfect timing because it starts as soon as "A.I." ends! (I really don't base my happiness around what's on T.V....PROMISE!) For anyone who has never seen this show, watch it once and you will be hooked! I like it better than "A.I"



I will add one more and then be done. Kate said the bedtime prayer the other night all by herself! It was so sweet and you could even tell what she was saying (most of the time). It went a little bit like this. "Heavanee Fada, thanks for day. Tanku, salkdjfkjwi. Tanku alkjdfkj . Tanks akdjkfj. Jesus, Amen." It was pretty priceless! My baby's growing up!



11 comments:

laurie said...

hi camille,
i love the office too, i'm such a nut i watch all the extra clips on hulu. it's so nice you were able to get rid of the pacifier, my kaylie was a thumb sucker, and its not like you can just lose the thumb! i love checking out your blog and seeing what you've been up to!

Grace said...

I love so you think you can dance also. You're right, watch it one time and you are hooked!

And congrats on the binky, we are going to have to get rid of Kody's soon, I'm not looking forward to it.

Hayley said...

We have a small..okay large Office obsession too. Did you not just totally swoon over Jim and Pam this week? I did. Sienna has started saying her prayers by herself too and I love it, they sound much like Kates!

Tim and Melissa said...

Congrats on getting rid of the binky! That was a big step for us - and easier than I had anticipated. How fun that you have Kate in gymnastics too!

I love seeing your adorable family! I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey Camille,

I found your blog through Amme Ruedas blog. Email me your number I lost it. My email is mmcquivey@hotmail.com. It was good to see you the other day at book club! Your blog is So cute! Talk to you soon.

Mandi

bladenfamily said...

WE are totally obsessed with the office as well. I think last thursday's episode was the best ever. Love Jim and Pam!

Jamie said...

Congrats on no binky! I am so jelous! My boys will never give them up! I am not strong enough to fight them on it either! I love Kates little prayers, so dang cute!

Jami said...

I guess something is wrong with Paul and I because we just haven't been able to get into the office. I am also very excited for so you think you can dance. I got the news from Jas that is very exciting!

Haueter Photography said...

Your girls are so cute. I really wished we lived closer. Kate's prayer sounded so cute; sounds just like Halle's. We too are HUGE Office fans. Hoot watches them over and over again and never quits laughing. Are you moving?

Amme said...

I know what you mean...I almost put a countdown on my blog to the return of the Office, but didn't want to look as obsessed as I am with the show! I am a titch jealous you were able to get rid of the binkie- Lauren won't give up her thumb!

Tara said...

The Office is the best!!! And So You Think you Can Dance is my favorite show ever!! I am so excited too. Thanks for coming to my shower.