Saturday, February 9, 2008

Happy Days

Friday night our ward had a "Happy Days" theme party that was sooo fun! It was all decked out to bring you back to the days of poodle skirts, malt shops and motorcycles. The commitee did an awesome job with everything. We had hamburgers and hot dogs, french fries and fry sauce, root beer floats, and malts. The night included things like dance lessons, a buble blowing contest, a hula hoop contest and a performance by Diana Ross and the Supremes and of course...the King himself, Elvis Presley (he's everywhere in Vegas!) It was seriously so fun and I haven't seen my husband cut a rug like that...ever!
My proudest moment however was the fact that I made my poodle skirt myself! I have never sewn anything, I am a hot glue gun queen and I actually made something I could wear! I mentioned to some friends that I really needed to learn how to use my machine and we all decided to make ourselves some poodle skirts for the big dance. I am quite proud of us!

Tearing up the dance floor!


Ashley...my favorite work-out pal. Isn't she so cute?!

The Gang!
Here's my greaser hubby in the bubble blowing contest. He fell a little short!


12 comments:

Marianne said...

hey girl. that looks so fun. i'm so jealous. i am addicted to fun parties so if i knew about i totally would've crashed it:) i'm having the kids part tomorrow at 12:30. i'd love for you to come. email me and i'll give you directions. hope to see you there :)
mevbunnell@hotmail.com

Marianne said...

p.s. great skirt to. i'm sooo impressed and it's adorable. i think the whole idea is adorable. and as for the mystere thing, are you crazy, those guys are perfectly built and doing tricks that seemed impossible. it was amazing and yummy :) even if they were gay :)

The McClellan Clan said...

okay this is the best ever!! its so cool I love it!! And the skirt is amazing!! GOOD JOB!!!
So whats next on your things to make!??!???!??
I love it, your hubby is awesome too. Brady would have been a little shy!!

The Bagley Family said...

Wow! Quite the seamstress! I have a sewing machine down in my basement that I still have not learned how to use... I'm impressed! Looks like you guys had a fun time!

Tim and Melissa said...

That sounds like so much fun. I'm also so impressed that you made your skirt. It turned out darling!

Jami said...

What a cute idea for a ward party. It looks like you guys really had a blast. I'm impressed to see Jas out there dancing, I had no idea! I thought about using grandma's b-day money and getting a sewing machine but then I don't know if I'd use it. You look so cute way to go on the skirt.

The McClellan Clan said...

thanks for the comment. Brady and I should plan a trip to vegas and we can hang out. What part of vegas are you in?? We're only about 1 hr and 45 away!!!
We could always do that you know. So is Jason totally done with school and everything. I'm sure he is. I just didn't know for sure???

Nances said...

That looked like such a fun party! Great job on your skirt, it's totally cute. Tell Jas Happy belated birthday from us. The card you sent out was really cute. Looks like you made his bday special.

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

Way to go Camille! I have a sewing machine that I've never even taken out of the box! Someday....maybe. Your skirt turned out really cute. Ditto on Krista's comment, tell Jason happy belated bday from us too! The big 3-0! Hope he had a good one, you guys are so cute, the way you're always surprising each other.

Marleen said...

Wasn't that so fun. You guys looked great.

emandtrev said...

How fun! I'm so impressed with your handiwork too! It looks like the party was a really good time!

Jamie said...

How cute are you?!! I can't believe you made your own skirt!! Great job, that looks like SOOOO much fun!!!