I love, love, love this time of year! I think I got in to the Christmas spirit even earlier than usual this year, and if possible even more! This year we put up our tree before we left for Thanksgiving. It was so fun to have it waiting for us when we got back. Jas and I stayed up late the night before we left for Utah putting the tree together and then I stayed up until almost 2 putting on all the lights and listening to Christmas CD's. The Monday after we got back we decorated it for family night. Since then I have noticed the ornaments in a different place everyday. The girls have had so much fun this year. Everyday when they come downstairs they want the lights turned on. I am so excited for Christmas this year with both girls at such fun ages!
I got almost all of my shopping done early this year...November,but that's good for me! Macy and I have been walking around the house singing Christmas songs for almost a month now. Friday the girls and I made sugar cookies and decorated them and too them to some of her friends (I know, a little early). I love doing things that get her in to the spirit of giving. Tonight she helped me wrap presents for her cousins and Kate. She gets so excited anticipating what they are going to do when they open them..."what will she say when she opens it?" Just like every other child her age she is constantly asking me about Santa and changing her list of what she wants but ever since last year when she gave a dolly to an organization here in Las Vegas, she has been very aware of the fact that it is important to give. She still asks me about the little girl that she gave the doll to.
Last week as we were leaving the mall Macy noticed a lady standing outside ringing a bell. She asked what she was doing and why. I told her that she was trying to get money for people who didn't have any to buy food and some toys for Christmas. Macy who had been saving a quarter in her pocket to buy a piece of bubble gum told me to go back to the lady so that she could give her her quarter. It was definitely one of those moments as a mom that I will always remember and be so proud to be her mom! Did I mention I love this time of year?
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Awww! Yay! I love this time of year too. It is especially heart-warming to share it with children and hear what wonderful things they say. I love the story about Macy and the lady ringing the bell. That is too sweet. Can't wait to see you soon! Love ya!
She is such a sweetie! It sounds like you are ready for Christmas. Can I email you my list and you can get mine done???? Can't wait to see you soon!
You guys are so good! We don't have one Christmas decoration out yet! That's our project for FHE tonight...after Chase goes to bed:) Macy is too cute, she has a good example for a mommy!
That is so sweet. Macy already seems to have a good grasp on what the true spirit of Christmas is. Usually the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Good job.
Love all the new posts! I cannot contain my excitement for Christmas! It really is so much fun with kids! I love how giving Macy is!! The best part about Christmas is giving and she is so young to catch onto that. Good job mom!
I LOVE the pictures you took of the girls. It is hard to get them both looking at the camera at the same time, but they turned out so cute!
And looks like you had a fun time in Utah. I almost want snow here, but just for second. I think we got our fair share of it in Spokane..
make my cry! what a sweet heart that little macy is! so everyone is saying see you soon...when will you be here?? i better get to see you this time. love ya!
Ohhh that is the cutest story. It gave me the chills up my arms. Thanks for sharing.
I love the story about Macy, it brought a tear to my eye. This really is the best time of year. I love the music, decorating, the food, and it's all about family and giving. I love your last few posts. Sorry we didn't get to see you at Thanksgiving but hopefully for Christmas--when are you coming out? Has Jas heard anything about Logan (fingers crossed!)
Hi camille! It really has been a long time. you look as cute as ever and have such a beautiful family. I've added you to my blog list (hope that's all right!) It really is a small blogging world, isn't it! Your girls are soooo Cute!
this was such a neat story, thanks for sharing
I agree about loving this time of year. Your girls are so cute and I just got your card and I loved the picture. Too cute! When do you arrive for christmas?
Post a Comment