Monday, March 4, 2013

"K, gumpy!"

This little man is growing up and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Every day he does something or says something that makes me realize he's not my baby anymore, but a little boy...with a huge personality!! He makes me laugh everyday at the things he does and says. Weather its teasing his older sisters,  which he's very good at...a talent I didn't realize could come at such an early age! or making me laugh with his enthusiasm for anything on wheels. This kid knows how to make his mama smile.
Yesterday just as we were getting ready to head out the door for church, I realized Drew still needed his shoes and belt on. We got his shoes on but the belt was just too much fun to play with...sticking the little metal piece in every hole. After several attempts at trying to put the belt on him with no success, I headed down the stairs. Just like I had hoped he would do, Drew saw that I was heading down without him "wait mama!" I turned to him and impatiently say "then come with me right now! We can't sit and play with your belt all day! We've got to go to church!" to that Drew says "K, gumpy!"
I burst out laughing!  and couldn't stop! How did my little guy know exactly what to say to lighten things up in that moment? To make me realize that him enjoying his belt and all of it's many possibilities was much more important than getting to church on time (for him anyway)?
I love this little boy and his fun sense of humor that he already has at age two. I like to wonder what he will be like in 5, 10, 15 years every time I watch him teasing his sisters or giving me that side of him that shows his huge personality. I sometimes just can't get enough! I hope he stays my happy, funny, enthusiastic little boy for a long time! I love you Drew.

No comments: