So, we scheduled a 3D ultrasound and last Saturday we got to see our little peanut up close and personal! Wow! So amazing the details that you can see with the 3D! It was so much fun to go with Jas and the kids and see the babe. Of course the baby decided to sleep during the entire thing (probably the only time it slept the entire day). But it was still so fun to see its face, hand, foot. We caught a few facial expressions which the kids really enjoyed. The entire time I was watching, all I could think was "It's a boy". I reminded me so much of Drew's newborn look. The others all agreed that they thought it looked like a boy. It kind of made me a little sad, just thinking that we now knew when we wanted it to be a surprise. But after sharing the picture with family through texts and messages, I started to think that it could still be a girl. Trish and Justin both thought it looked a lot like Macy and others immediately thought it looked like a girl. That was also fun hearing everyones response to the pictures and changing my mind on being so sure that it was a boy. Either way...I'm so excited and anxious to meet this little one and finally see what it is and what it's name will be!!!
Even though I am anxious for it to get here, I am trying to take in every part of being pregnant...good and bad. Although, I can't really name too many things that I would consider "bad". I have really enjoyed this pregnancy. The time of year, the comfort I've had, the sleep I've gotten ;), the energy I've had, Just trying to take it all in, knowing it is my last.
Some things I want to remember about this pregnancy and others that I haven't written down include:
The baby's constant movement. At first I was worried because around the weeks you can expect to feel the baby I hadn't felt anything. Now I can hardly go for very long without feeling like there is a gymnastics meet going on in my stomache! This baby has been very active! I like to play a guessing game with it. I try to figure out what body part is sticking out here or there. Or I have Jas and the kids feel it and they love to play the game too. Macy was very active towards the end too. I was surprised when she was such a calm easy baby. Keeping my fingers crossed that this one is that way too!
Hiccups. This is one that I have never enjoyed. I don't know why? With every one of my pregnancies. it has driven me nuts when the baby's get hiccups! It reminds me of a twitch or something I want to try and stop or control and with this I can't. And this baby gets hiccups almost every time I lay down on my side...not kidding! I can lay down and know that within seconds I will feel the hiccups.
Night time ritual. This baby seems to be on a late night schedule of being the most active when it's time for mom to go to bed! I can almost always plan on a "show" right when I lay down for bed. It feels like little one is in there doing a circus performance. That's all I can think about...I picture them swinging on the trapeze, doing flips. That's honestly what it feels like every night!
Some other things I have thought a lot about with this pregnancy have been names, who it will look like, who it will act like, boy or girl? The nursery. How Drew will do with a new little one, how I will deal with a new little one;) and the excitement/fear of adding another child to the sometimes chaotic life at home! But more than the fear comes the joy of thinking about a newborn. The sound. The smell. The feel. Nursing. The excitement of the girls. In some ways it's felt like my first time again. After already having 3 kids I would have thought the last one would just be a repeat, and in some ways it has. But in preparing for this baby to come and knowing it will be our last, I have really looked at everything in such amazement and awe. Because it is so amazing and I feel so blessed to be carrying this little human being with me. As the time approaches for it to come into this world, I have always had such mixed feelings. I have been the only one it knows and now I have to share it with the rest of the world. I think that is why I have always enjoyed nursing. It's the one thing that only I can still do for the baby.
Names we have talked about: Some we both agree on but mostly they are names I have liked and Jason has not. :/
Girl Boy
Jane (mine and the kids fav) Charlie (mine and the kids fav)
Harper (LOVE! but no from J) Will (William)
Indie Beau
Ruby Jack
Eva Luca (I loved but J said NO)
Paige (J fav...not mine) Liam (another one I loved)
Max (J and Kate's fav)
*This post was actually written on February 21st. Our ultrasound was on February 16th. Just hadn't posted yet because I was waiting to scan one of the ultrasound pictures in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Love Charlie, Will, Jane and Indi!!
I love you! You are so sweet! I didn't know anyone even looked at my blog...I mostly do it for journaling purposes and for my kids and you are so sweet to pop in on us and always leave a comment. Thank you. That means a lot! I love ya girlie!
I can't wait to go hiking with you!;)
Post a Comment