Sunday, November 6, 2011

San Francisco

For the last week in October, the kids and I took a trip up to Pleasanton California to visit family while Jason was out of town on business. We were all excited and ready for it by the time the day finally arrived. The trip started out a little rough...and didn't get any better! Drew started the day with throwing up 3 times before we even left the house at 8:45 and continued it in the car. The DVD player didn't work once we got on the 215 (5 minutes from our house). Instead we had to resort to entertaining the good old fashioned way, by playing "I spy" games, pretending their were Indians trying to get us and coloring and reading books. Drew slept a total of maybe 25 minutes and cried/fussed for a total of 2 hours. It was a very loooong trip for both mom and the kids. I must say, I think they did better than I did. In the end, it was well worth the fun and awesome company that awaited us.:)

Day 1: hanging out/pumpkin patch
On our first day in Pleasanton, we decided to take it easy and let Drew man get some much needed sleep from road trip the day before. That morning we hung out with Carol and Sammy letting the girls play and make one of there many b-day cards to Carol while Drew and Sam got use to each other...kind of.
They learned to live with each other...:)

pumpkin patch
My cute scare crows
The straw bail maze that the girls had to keep doing over and over.
More corn than I have ever seen! I think this was the kids favorite. Drew kept trying to eat the corn and every time he realized it was nasty, yet he did it over and over. The kids were pulling corn out of their toes, pants, and everywhere else the rest of the day!
picking the right pumpkin

Drew wasn't so sure about me putting him down in the middle of the patch but he cooperated.
Later, uncle Justin carved out the pumpkins with the girls and roasted the seeds!

Day 2: Carol's Birthday!!
We spent the majority of our second day in Cali., enjoying all that IKEA has to offer.:) I did not get any footage of our shopping trip. I did get some pictures of Auntie Carol later that night opening presents. I did not get a picture of the awesome cake Justin bought her...



Day 3: San Francisco
What a fun city! Carol took us into the city where we enjoyed food, food and more food! She was a great tour guide. With 5 little ones, there wasn't enough time to see everything that we had planned but we got to see and experience some of the best in San Fran.
Down by the pier
We went to see the famous "pretty ladies". I only knew these as "the Full House houses".
We rode the trolley, something the girls had been waiting to do before we even started the trip. Macy and I loved it. Drew and Kate...not so sure. I didn't get to get a picture while we were on the trolley, I had to hold on to Drew or I'm pretty sure he and I would have ended up on the street. It felt a little dangerous holding a one year old on my lap while "trying" to hold onto a five year old on the other side of me.

Ghiradelli Square
Carol and I enjoying our fleur de sil caramel filled cupcakes...yeah, they were as good as they sound.
And immediately after finishing our cupcakes we headed over to enjoy some yummy chocolate and ice cream at the Ghiradelli cafe.
Macy enjoying her "kids" sundae.
Kate, enjoying her one and only bite of her sundae.

Boudin Bakery- best sourdough bread! We had lunch at this fun little bakery that had shaped sourdough bread. They had a huge alligator in the front window.
Just had to get a picture of my little fuzzy chick on his first trip to San Francisco.:)
And we ended with a drive down Lumbard street.

1 comment:

Jami said...

Kate's hair makes her look so much older...its getting long. I bet you had so much fun in California.
Cute pics of the kids Drew is growing up so much he's adorable!
Miss you guys