Sunday, November 6, 2011

Drew..






One year...one year has already passed since this little guy came into our lives and every day with him in it just gets better and better. There are no words to describe my love for this little man...really! I don't know if it's just that special bond between a mother and her son, if it's his contagious smile or if it's the fact that he knows just how to melt my heart. There is something so special about my Drew. To celebrate my sweet little babe, here are some things that I love about him.
Drew has a way of attracting people to him and not just because he is a baby. I often get so many strangers commenting on his big smile and big personality in such a young child and it is so true. I often forget that he is only one because of his fun and very funny personality. When we are out at the grocery store, I love to watch Drew looking around for who he is going to "make contact" with next. He just looks and starts to smile and people are attracted to this little blue-eyed boy.

Drew does not talk but is always making a kind of grunting sound. He does this constantly when eating something he enjoys or when he is playing with any kind of motor vehicle or when he is looking at a book. It is his way of "reading" I guess. When he is playing I can know exactly what he is doing just by listening to him.

My favorite thing everyday when Drew wakes up are his "cuddles". We have a routine, no matter what is going on, as soon as I pick Drew up out of the crib he lays his head on my shoulder for just a few seconds and lays there, sometimes making his grunt and then he lifts his head and goes on to whatever is next. I love it and I hope he never stops. Recently he started giving me hugs as well. Real hugs. He will squeeze around my neck and smile or laugh and not let go for a while...heaven.

Drew loooves my cell phone and he knows how to use it. Sometimes he will hold it up to his ear and grunt or sometimes he just pretends to have a phone and holds his hand up to his ear. It always makes me laugh.

Drew loves his binkies. I try not to give them to him often because I love to see his big toothy smile but if he spots one...there is no budging.

Something that I actually love about Drew is his sensitivity. His dad has not learned to appreciate it yet:) but I think it shows how soft he is and I love it. He is my little softy and I hope he stays that way.



No comments: