Saturday, December 10, 2011

L.A.

We took a small family vacation over Veterans Day weekend. We had only one thing planned for sure...to go to the American Girl store!!! The girls had been waiting for this day since back in August. We had so much fun! Here is a little bit of what we did.
The girls would have done this the ENTIRE time (other than the A.G. store) if they had their way...swimming at the hotel pool. Kate asked when we were going back to the hotel to swim at least 100 times...no lie. They have turned into little fish!

Both girls figured out how to dive from knee position. They wouldn't stop practicing. Over and over and over...
We went down to the Santa Monica Pier on Veterans day. They had this display on the beach.
Love this girl!
Playing on the play ground on the beach.
Drew LOVED the swings!

We got a little drizzled on right when we got to the Pier...which is the reason I look like a drowned rat!
Had to get a picture with the dolphin! Love these two little ladies!
Trying to get a good picture of the pier...
The girls rode the carousel over and over and...
The smile says it all. I wonder how much fun he would have had if it had actually been running!
Diddy Riese's cookies- We had heard about these amazing cookies and that we HAD to stop and try them out. We pulled up to this "cookie store" after driving around the block at least 3 times and see a line out the door. We decide to wait it out anyway. Luckily the line moved fast but the small wait we had was well worth it! Diddy Riese's have the yummiest soft chewy gooey yummy cookies AND they also make ice cream sandwiches with them. You choose your cookie and ice cream flavor and they make if for you. I wish I would have gotten a picture of what they look like. We have now made Diddy Riese's a must anytime we go to L.A!
Even Drew got into the American Girl experience. He would not let go of Kit!!

American Girl
While passing time before going back to the A.G. store for lunch, we headed over to the funnest farmers market.
Macy eating the biggest pickle I have ever seen!
Playing in Kit's kitchen.
The mall was decorated to fun and festive for the holidays. It was so much fun!!
Right before heading into the store. Could hardly wait! I don't know who was more excited, me or them?!?



The funnest most girliest experience...having lunch at the American Girl cafe. Me and the girls enjoyed lunch with Kit, Molly and Julie while Jas and Drew went...shopping.:) When we were first seated, we were given a box of questions to ask yourself. There were questions like...if you could change places with anybody else who would it be? If you could be anything you wanted, what would you be? What would you like to be famous for? The girls loved it and didn't want to stop and eat. It was such a fun experience. I hope it is one of those memories my girls will always remember. I know I will.
The girls loved the little seats that their dolls got to sit in right next to them and the napkin rings that were for the girls to keep and use as hair bows. The warm cinnamon rolls and pink lemonade were my favorite.
Some other things we did that we didn't get pictures of...drove up and down Rodeo Drive and imagining up our own celebrities and driving to go see the Hollywood sign. We didn't get real close but got to see some very cool neighborhoods and streets! All together...it was a super fun trip!

1 comment:

Darin and Joanna said...

Hey Camille,
I hadn't checked your blog in forever....I didn't know you had finally updated. I can't believe how big your girls have got!They are beautiful! And your little boy is adorable. My little Dawson is only a month or two older. So fun!