Sunday, January 18, 2009

Madalyn and Eli turn 2!

On the 8th of this month we celebrated a very special day, Madalyn and Eli (my niece and nephew) had their second Birthday. This ended up being quite a big, fun celebration! Madalyn was suppose to be in the hospital feeling yucky on her birthday due to her scheduled stem cell replacement but instead got to home feeling pretty good, even eating more than her usual fish crackers. I decided that we needed to party and party BIG! I told Trish I would take care of all the party planning and that she just needed to invite the guests. The girls and I went out early to decorate and play all day with the birthday kids. It was soo much fun. We played ring around the rosies, hide and seek, Eli and Madalyn both managed to let their balloons go which floated to the top of the vaulted ceilings, Madalyn was walking around and I helped her kick balloons all over and we sang "Happy Birthday to you" over and over again to which the twins would get huge grins and clap their hands when we would say their names. I loved seeing them, but especially Madalyn, so happy. That night the guests showed up for cake and ice cream. I wish I would have taken a picture of how many people were there. So many people came to be apart of the big day!
Madalyn and Kate are always giving "luvs".

Our little angel girl.

My kids love to go out to their cousins because they have the funnest toys!This horse scoots along and you really gallop!

The girls with my cute Aunt Cathy...she's soo fun!

"When is the party going to start?"
The basketball hoop blew over and landed this close to my car!!
I had to take a picture because is was nothing short of a miracle that I didn't end up with a major scratch or dent in my car. Terrell's finger is touching the bb hoop and my car!



I had sooo much fun making their cakes. Madalyn's is a carousel and Eli's is a farm cake...
of course!




Opening presents with the audience watching.


"How long do I have to wear this?"



The birthday kids in their birthday hats...not fans!

Pinata time!

Madalyn's new set of wheels!

Eli trying out Madalyn's new set of wheels.
My girls LOVE their aunt "Annie" a.k.a Kenia Ann
Nothing like your own puppet show to end the day!
Trish singing Madalyn to sleep after a very fun birthday!

15 comments:

Kami Jo said...

These picture just melt your heart!! And who knew you had such crazy cake making skills?!?!?! Ray (my boss) and his wife took dinner out to Trish and Terrell the other night and they were in such awe at the strength that both of them have! Our prayers are with you all!

Ballard Family said...

you need to go into business. What cute cakes! I think were going to try to go to the movie sometime this week! And I'm throwing myself a b-day party since we say were always going to get together and we never do. Sometime the around 1st week of Feb. we'll have to decide on a good night for everyone. Hope you can come!

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

Looks like a great party! I'm so glad that you guys were able to have such a fun time with madelyn. The cakes that you made them are awesome!!!! I didn't know you were so talented at cake making. How about you make my kid's for them?

emandtrev said...

That is wonderful. How incredibly sweet and thoughtful of you to plan this party. Can I hire you to make a cake for my next shindig? Can you do a movie next week?

Jami said...

The cakes look great just like I knew they would. That was so nice of you to put that party together for your niece and nephew. I'm glad Madalyn had a good time she definitely deserves it!

tatum said...

oh so cute! you did a WAY GOOD JOB on those cakes, love them, you are my twin....we both do hair and are creative in the cake world! =) ha ha. that is why i like you so much. i have really had stem cell treatments on my brain lately, it's so weird to hear that madalyn is getting them. i seriously have been talking about to people....i didn't really know but was thinking it would help cancer patients and it got my curiousity going. please let me know what they say about it and how it's helping her. isn't modern medicine so crazy???? happy birthday to the both of them, super cute pictures. hope you are doing good. =)

Darci said...

You are such a great Aunt. I bet those kids will remember that birthday bash for a long time! I love the big picture of your girls. SO cute! Kate's face is priceless! Yes, we need to play soon! (And I think Jada is ready for another cut!)

Kade and Katie said...

you are such an incredible gal! trish is soo lucky to have you as a sister and the twins have to have you at the top of the list for favorite aunt! seriously, those cakes were amazing, i don't think i could have cut into them. too cute! so glad madalyn in doing good, we pray for the best for your sweet family! call me, we need to chat, i have plans for us!

Grace said...

You are so sweet to do all this for your neice and nephew. And like everyone has already said, your cakes look awesome!!! And I can't believe what a mircale it was how close the BBall hoop is to your car!

PS Can't wait to see you!

Nances said...

Oh my gosh...those cakes are awesome. I think you have a new career if you want it! The are so cute. What a fun party. Your Christmas looked so fun. We need to get together again sometime soon!

Bre said...

I just love this post, what a fun special day for both of them. ANd you miss betty crocker are way too creative, I cant believe you made the cakes! I love these pictures!! I was so happy to see that Madalyn was feeling good that day to play as well. What a great family you have!

Matt and Allyson said...

Hey, there are some houses for sale in our neighborhood right now. I didn't know if you and Jason were still thinking about whether you want to stay or go. But, if you're interested send me an email. allyglc@yahoo

Marleen said...

Wow, so are you going into the cake making business anytime soon? Way to go on the party. The kids are so cute.

Tara said...

Hey, the party looked like fun!! Glad that little Madalyn could be home for her big day!!! Your cakes turned out awesome by the way. Also, I love the picture of your girls as the header. SO cute!!!

Mason Family said...

Thanks again for the fun weekend. Emma loved it, so did Zac. Cute pictures.Madalyn looks good and happy. I hope all is going good with her. We will have to do somthing again. Thanks again