Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Little Purple Panties"

For any of you that love to hear the familiar songs you sang in primary sung by your own children, if you are like me you just have to smile at the familiar tune and words that you sang so many years ago (at least in my case). Well, today while I was getting ready my girls decided they wanted to dress up in their "twirly dresses" and dance around. I put on one of their primary CD's and went about my business. A little while later I hear the tune of a song that I thought my girls would enjoy. I peek my head out and say "Little purple pansies"! Macy acts as if she knows the song and gets all excited. I then watch her start to sing the song but she is singing "Little purple panties" and as she is singing it she has added some pointing out the undies of her and Kate in to her dance moves. It was too cute to correct her on it. I don't know if I will ever be able to listen to the song without thinking of little purple panties!

8 comments:

Kacey said...

That is hillarious! My nephew sings this is my sacred 'dookie' at the end of I Love to See the Temple. He watches a lot of Elmo potty time!

emandtrev said...

So cute! And oh my goodness, I love the pictures of your girls in their silver dresses! Precious!

laurie said...

I love that song! But even more I love the preschool translation...I too might never hear that song with out thinking of purple panties! ; ) Way cute girls, love the dresses, you guys are gorgeous, what can I say more?!

tatum said...

okay that is so funny!!! classic

Grace said...

So cute! And I love the picture up top with your girls. Kate's smile is so adorable!

Jon and Tara Harper said...

That is great. It was so good to see you during the holidays. Thank you for sending me another invite, I got the address correct this time. I'm glad your holidays went well. Your girls are just so cute. It was fun seeing them too. We'll have to get together and go do something when we are back in Utah this summer.
Love,
Tara

Tim and Melissa said...

How darling! I'm still trying to figure out which song this is in...that will keep me up tonight. Your girls are so cute! I'm so glad I got to see you over Christmas!!

Jami said...

She cracks me up! You need to get that one on camera! I love that picture on your header. They are beautiful!