Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas Eve at the Reeds

We had Christmas Eve with my family the weekend before Christmas. Christmas Eve has always been my favoritepart of Christmas. We have acted out the nativity scene for as long
as I can remember. This always brings the spirit and thoughts of the true meaning of Christmas back. It's also tradition to get a new book on Christmas Eve. My mom always makes her homemade toffee that is to die for and all her traditional Christmas foods. My girls always enjoy spending time with their cousins and grandparents.
Presents?!
Macy loves her fairy pop-up book from grandma.

Kate loves her grandpa Reed
Opening presents with grandma
Mary, baby Jesus and the angel
The nativity scene-Tay, you were an
amazing donkey!
Joseph and Mary

3 comments:

Ballard Family said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas. I'm with ya ready for the snow to melt right on out of here. My mom awlays makes Toffee too for the holidays. and it is my favorite. I have yet to find one I like even kinda as much. Sounds like we'll have to have a little competition.J/K! Seriously though we really need to all get together soon now that the holidays are all over! I want to have a girls night, I have way too much No School for the past few weeks!

Tonya said...

Glad to hear you had a good christmas. We had a ball. I added you to my blog, i thought i already did, sorry. we are trying to get things moved around for the baby room. TOm doesn't see the urgency. I tried to explain that I have to move when I have the energy and motivation to move so let's MOVE NOW!!!
Guys don't get it.

Amme said...

Love the nativity pictures! Believe it or not, Rosa volunteered to be the donkey this year for ours. I have heard about your mom's toffee but haven't got to try it yet.