Tuesday, November 20, 2012

baby update

I have been anxiously waiting to feel this little peanut move. I am going to be 18 weeks tomorrow and with this being my 4th, I figured it would have been more obvious by now. Well, last week I was at the dentist office in that almost laying upside down position and the baby's movement got really strong. I was so excited! I wanted to write about it that day but thought I would wait until I felt more. I have felt a little movement about every other day since. Not as strong but enough that I can tell that it's the baby! To me, this is one of the most amazing parts of being pregnant. For months now, I have known that I am going to have a baby. I've been to the doctor, heard the heartbeat, seen it on the ultrasound BUT...there is nothing like the first movements of that little life inside of you. To experience a part of the miracle as it is unfolding. Right there with you. To me there is nothing in the world quite like it. It is in that moment that the whole thing becomes real. I wonder what it is doing. Why did it move? Is it asleep or awake? I also think to myself...I am the only one that gets to be a part of your little world right now. I am your world right now. I get to be the only thing this little one knows for the next 5 months. It is my constant little companion. And although the excitement of the first movements fades somewhat, I continue to be in aw and amazed every time I feel my baby's move. I feel so blessed to be given this, the most amazing gift given to women. To be entrusted by my Heavenly Father with such a great responsibility is amazing and overwhelming at the same time. I am so thankful to Him for giving me this gift not only once but four times. I am so grateful for this phase of motherhood in my life and hope that I can continue to enjoy every minute of it as it will be my last.
Even now as I type this, I can feel a constant little bump every few seconds in my lower abdomen. I think it has the hiccups.

1 comment:

Scott and Nicole albertson said...

How exciting! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see the little one.