Sunday, January 13, 2013

My little man...

Today I'm posting twice because I already missed a post last Sunday! I had several things I thought about this week that I didn't want to forget and now as I sit here my mind is blank...that is why I will be posting many "little posts" instead of doing this... leaving it until the end of the week and trying to remember them all!

Here one I remember:

Every morning when Drew wakes up and whenever we go in to get him out of his crib after waking from his nap you can count on him asking the exact same questions every time. It goes like this: "Daddy, home?" "Madie (Macy), home?" "Katie, home?" and even though it is usually me that is getting him he will sometimes still ask "Mommy, home?" and even "Dew (Drew), home?"I love this little ritual. More when I can answer yes to all of the above but either way I know he loves having each one of his family members home with him. A couple days ago I was sitting at the computer. The kids and Jason were in the family room just next to where I was. I didn't think much of it at the time but I heard a baby crying on the T.V. A few seconds later Drew came into the room and asked "Baby, home?" I had to scoop up my little guy and explain to him where the baby cry he had heard was coming from. After laughing about it with the rest of the family, I had a quick moment to think about the little time I have left of having my "baby" be a baby. I know how much they grow up when the new little one comes and how big they suddenly seem. I'm trying to take in and enjoy my moments with him before the baby comes. And I feel like in doing so I have really been able to appreciate so much more than I probably would have. I wish I could remember all of the many moments in my days with him that make me smile.

For now that's all I can remember. I promise to do better this next week. I may even pop on here this week with a story or two from last week that I remember. This pregnancy has made me think I'm losing it!

And just because I always like a picture with my posts...

Just a picture of these three little hooligans last year at this time.

No comments: