This little man stole my heart the minute he was born and just continues to make my life better everyday I have with him. There's no doubt I love my girls just as much but there is something about a relationship between a mother and her little boy. I can't even put into words the way I feel about this little guy. Of course he has his moments and I think I might loose it, but 95% of the time he makes me smile or laugh. I would just like to list some of the things I love about Drew.
1. His smile. Drew's big alligator smile covers his face and lights up the room. You can't look at him with his big huge smile without smiling.
2. His huge personality. Drew has had a sense of humor and a funny personality as long as I can remember. Since his first laughs, I could tell that he was going to be a lot of fun. I didn't realize that that little bundle (that wasn't so little) would bring so much joy to those around him. He has been a tease to his sisters, a jokester with his dad and a little ham for his mom since his personality started to show through at about 6 months. Drew will sometimes do things that make him seem so much older than the almost 2 year old he is. From the way he jokes around and teases his sisters to the sneaky little things he gets away with with mom, I am constantly amazed at this little man.
3. His soft side. Even though he is total boy, Drew has a soft side. He can be a little tender sweet heart, something I didn't know was possible for a little boy at such a young age. When Drew wraps his little arms around my neck and holds on like he's never gonna let go...my heart melts. I feel like I could stay like that for the rest of my life and I take every second of it in. I hope and pray that he stays the sweet little boy that he has been. Sometimes I will kneeling down and he will come up behind me and just hug me or get right in my face and kiss me for a long time. He has recently started to take care of some of his sisters dollies on occasion. He is so sweet and tender to them. Covering them with a blanket or laying them down with a binkie. Drew loves to carry around a school picture of Macy and one of Kate. A few days ago I caught him kissing "Katies" picture. Once again...melt my heart. Oh I love him!
4. His little noise. Drew is a man of many sounds. Number one being the constant hum/groan he makes when driving his trucks (which is 85% of the day). He also makes this noise when pretending to read and when he is really enjoying his food! Drew started making this noise when he was really little and was looking at books. I have gotten so use to it that I don't notice it as much but others always do and get a good laugh.
5. His love of cars/trucks. I love the complete turn-around from the baby dollies and pink to the trucks, balls and scoot toys. I love watching Drew play with his cars everyday and never get tired of it. I often smile to myself as I'm putting away his perfectly lined trucks or finding them in my purse. Yep, I have an all boy boy!
There are so many things I love about Drew. Even the little things that make me smile. Here are a few more.
His little cowlicks that stick up like a little chick. His love of his binkie that makes him seem like my baby for a little bit longer. His love for his sisters that adore him right back. His chubby cheeks. I love going into his room to get him from his nap and his little grin that peaks out from under his binkie. His love of airplanes and helicopters in the sky. His birthmark(s).
The list really could go on and on. There is so much I love about this little boy. But it's almost more than I can even put into words. Here are some of my favorite pictures .
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment