Friday, March 20, 2009

Going green...

These are the only pictures I took on St. Patty's day. The kids were outside playing in the nice weather and I realized I had not taken any pictures! Kate was not in the mood!


I LOVE traditions! I love making new ones with my kids and I love carrying on some from when I was a kid. This year I stuck to some of the simple silly ones from when I was little and Macy absolutely LOVED it. For breakfast I made green pancakes and green eggs (I know just the thought of them makes me gag) I made the pancakes really little and called them leprechaun cakes. Macy ate about 15, no lie!
One tradition that I started on my own however that the girls also seemed to enjoy was to plant some seeds in some little pots that the girls painted. They loved it and love looking to see if the little buds have come out every morning when they water them. I think we will plant something every year on St. Patty's...my little contribution to going green.
I love hearing new traditions. If you have any, whether they are for St. Patricks or not,
please share!!



2 comments:

PhillipsFamily said...

I do the green eggs and pancakes too! Aaauugh weird! I was afraid Dylan wouldn't want to eat it, but he did.

Darin and Joanna said...

I love the planting idea! We did green eggs....suprisingly my kids ate them after I promised they tasted the same!